AIM Computer Solutions Named one of 10 Best-in-Class ERP Solution Providers for 2019
We’re honored to be named one of the 10 best-in-class ERP solution providers in 2019 by InsightsSuccess online business magazine. In the profile article, AIM’s Jeffrey Sawka, shares his insights into AIM’s journey and how its specialized ERP software solutions and services are continually growing to meet the dynamic needs of an evolving global market.
AIM Computer Solutions was founded to offer technology and ERP software solutions specifically for automotive manufacturers and their suppliers. The company has a long history in the industry and understands the unique business operations of the trading partners in the supply chain.
AIM Computer Solutions ERP Software Solution
He describes the company’s cutting-edge ERP solution:
- EDI and barcode labeling applications are at the heart of AIM Vision®, our primary modular-based ERP software solution for automotive suppliers. They include embedded business logic for more than 450 trading partners with more than 1,800 trading partner-specific barcode label formats. AIM Vision delivers seamless business processes with no mapping required. Manufacturers gain operational efficiency with MRP, CRP and MES integrated into the AIM Vision ERP software solution.
- AIM delivers ERP with a purchasing module for companies brokering products from overseas that offers tracking and brokering solutions. It offers EDI and supply chain logic to manage the import of goods, schedule their arrival and account for their delivery against multiple customer releases.
- We collaborate on financial software development with the experts at Microsoft and have certified integration of financial reporting with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
AIM’s ERP Software Solution Mobility Apps
AIM knows that modern automotive manufacturers need to input, share, track, and report on information directly on the plant floor. Modern technology like AIM Mobility Apps deliver real-time functionality to input transactions into the AIM Vision ERP suite via Android tablets and barcode scanners directly from the plant floor or a hi-lo. The AIM Mobility App suite includes:
- Mobility MES to track and report out on various manufacturing execution systems.
- Shipping to gain direct insight into the shipping floor.
- Receiving to manage physical receiving and container movement.
- Clipboard to replace paper production tags to track of operator and work center efficiencies.
- Physical Inventory to use bar code labeled tags to reduce the time it takes to perform physical or cycle counts and conduct analysis.
- Container Move to manage production posting of material.
- Warehouse Transfers to coordinate the transfer of lotted material from one warehouse to another in conjunction with inventory.
- Consumption to manage the removal of remnant material lot quantities from inventory.
- Location Tracking to track the storage location of all items, from inventory to assets – to answer the question, “where’s my stuff.”
AIM’s ERP Software Solution Conference Room Pilot
Automotive suppliers face unique challenges. An ERP implementation introduces best-in-class processes across multiple departments and offers new ways to capture and share information. Yet, when it comes to pre-launch testing of a new ERP system, we often see gaps in the process and the essential stakeholder participation. These voids create disappointing results, and in some cases, a failure of the entire implementation.
One proven strategy that AIM Computer Solutions offers to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with an ERP implementation is to use a Conference Room Pilot (CRP). It identifies process or data barriers in a test environment and addresses them before the new system is launched. The notion of CRP is not new to manufacturing – it parallels the use of preproduction or prototype runs and makes sense for automotive suppliers.
AIM’s Future Plans
Our future objective is to continue to provide leadership to AIAG, MMOGLE & Supply Chain committees. AIM’s 30-year footprint in the automotive industry will continue to guide suppliers to comply with OEM/Tier 1, Tier 2 and sub-tier requirements, including IATF 16949:2016, for EDI, shipping, and barcode labeling.
Read the full article.