GM is implementing a new global warehouse management system, and has issued updates to their global transportation labels standards. These new standards and compliance are fundamental to a successful WMS implementation.
AIM Computer Solutions, a leader in integrated EDI and bar code solutions for automotive suppliers has completed the programming of these new global transportation labels. Suppliers have until October 1, 2018 to comply with these new requirements. As a long time provider of EDI and Bar Code Labels for GM suppliers, we are pleased to offer these enhancements to AIM Vision and AutoCOR maintenance clients by contacting our Support Team. If you are a General Motors supplier and need these in order to be a compliant supplier, get in touch with our Sales Team; they would be happy to assist you with these and any other EDI and bar code labeling needs.
What if I’m not compliant?
According to the GM1724 Global Transportation Label Supplier Review slide deck, failure to comply will result in the issuing of a Problem Reporting and Resolution (PR&R). Continual failure to comply will result in PR&R with cost recovery.
What bar code labels will I get?
There are six individual container labels (GM1724A) to accommodate label stock sizes and the international date format for the MFG DATE, PACK DATE and SHIP DATE. In addition, there are two master labels (GM1724B) and two mixed labels (GM1724C). Standard label stock sizes include 4″Hx6″W and 4″Hx6.5″W.
What major changes were made?
GM1724A – Individual Container Labels
- The barcodes have been changed from PDF417 to data matrix barcode symbology
- There are six individual container labels to accommodate label stock sizes and the international date format for the MFG DATE, PACK DATE or SHIP DATE.
- Box E2 was modified to remove some DELJIT segment data and include expiration date options required by GM part design doc
- Container type = 8 characters
- Material Handling Code = 12 characters
GM1724B – Master Labels
- 2D bar code moved from Box E1 to Box A3
- Master Label title removed
- Data Matrix 2D label includes primary and secondary container data identifier
GM1724C – Mixed Load Labels
- 2D bar code moved from the E1 Box to the D2 Box
- Supplier area moved to Box E1
- The D2 logistics data is moved to Box E2